Website/E-Commerce/Social Media Policy
NORTH MAIN CREDIT UNION SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
By accessing social media sites managed by North Main Credit Union, you are agreeing to these guidelines. We reserve the right to change these guidelines at any time at our sole discretion.
Privacy and Confidential Information
NMCU’s social media should always be considered public and treated as such. While we want to foster healthy discussion, NMCU may remove posts that don't fit our community guidelines. Never post personal, private or confidential information such as your address, telephone number, account information or password. We are not responsible for anything that may occur if you post your personal, private or confidential information to a social media site. We will never ask you to provide this type of information through a public channel like social media. If you have any doubt about the confidentiality of certain information, please don’t post it. Please note that we cannot accept comments from individuals under the age of 13.
We recommend that you familiarize yourself with the privacy and security policies of the social media sites you use and understand how your information can be displayed and used throughout each platform as well as other third-party sites that may be linked.
When using a NMCU’s social media site, we request that you follow guidelines that will promote constructive, relevant and appropriate discussions. We reserve the right to moderate and delete content at our sole discretion.
Your post should not contain:
- Illegal Content
- Promotional Spam
- Private or Confidential Info
- Off-Topic Content
- Personal Attacks or Threats
- Disparaging, Discriminatory, Hateful, Profane or Provocative Content
- Infringing Content
- False, Inaccurate, Libelous or Otherwise Misleading in any way
Members of the media are asked to refrain from submitting questions on social media as comments. If you are a member of the media, please email email@example.com.
Request Additional Information
If you are a member with a question about your NMCU account, you can contact a Member Care Representative at 706.894.9060. For complete contact information visit our Contact Us page for additional information.
All comments and posts on our social media properties will be reviewed to ensure that they comply with our policies. We reserve the right to delete comments or posts that we deem are abusive, inflammatory or otherwise inappropriate.
- Our social media pages are open for conversations between and among individuals and NMCU. They are not substitute channels for services or general questions. Please visit northmaincu.org for more information about specific products and services.
- Do not post or transmit material you do not have the right to post or transmit under law (such as copyrighted material, trade secrets or securities) or due to your personal contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- Our social media pages may not be used for the submission of any claim, demand, informal or formal complaint, or any other form of legal and/or administrative notice or process, or for the exhaustion of any legal and/or administrative remedy.
- Our social media pages are also not to be used to report phishing, fraud or other criminal activity. If you would like to make a report, please call 706.894.9060 so that a Member Care representative can assist you.
- NMCU reserves the right to ban any user from any of our social properties without prior written notice or consent. Any comment which we deem to be criminal or that instigates or implies violence toward yourself or another person may be reported to the proper authorities.
NMCU has not reviewed all of the third-party sites linked to its social media sites and is not responsible for their content. The inclusion of any third-party link does not imply endorsement by NMCU.
NMCU does not endorse any comments made by its Team Members, unless they are representatives authorized to comment on behalf of the credit union on social media sites.
NMCU does not endorse or validate assertions or forward-looking statements in the comments. All statements and viewpoints expressed in the comments are strictly those of the commenter alone and do not constitute an official position of North Main Credit Union
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
If you believe in good faith that materials available on a North Main Credit Union site infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting us to remove the material or block access to it. Details on notices and counter-notices are available on the Copyright Office site at http://www.copyright.gov.