North Main Credit Union
PRIVACY NOTICE AND DISCLUSRE
If after reading this notice you have questions, please contact us at:
Or write to:
North Main Credit Union
255 North Main St.
Cornelia, GA 30531
To assure the continued privacy and confidentiality of your personal financial information, your credit union observes these practices and procedures:
Information We Collect
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, assets and income.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others such as your account balance, payment history, parties to transactions and credit card usage, and,
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as your creditworthiness and credit history.
Information We Disclose
We may disclose all of the information we collect about our members or former members as described above to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have a joint marketing agreements. We share this information to provide you with high quality products and services. We may also disclose information about you under other circumstances as permitted by law.
Our Security Measures
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, or procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
What Members Can Do to Help
North Main Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, plastic card numbers, PIN (personal identification numbers) or passwords. Never keep you PIN with your card, which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you explaining the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately.
Access to Third Party Sites / E-mail: The Credit Union's Web Site may contain links and/or e-mail addresses to/for other web sites owned and operated by third parties. Links to other Web Sites and/or e-mail addresses are provided solely as a convenience to our members and other customers. The Credit Union has no control over these sites/addresses; and the Credit Union shall have no responsibility or liability relating to any access to such sites or communications between you and such Third Parties. In addition, Third Parties are not covered by the Credit Union's privacy or other policies; and the Credit Union is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of Third Party Sites. The Credit Union Web Site may also contain links to other web sites owned, operated by, or affiliated with the Credit Union ("Affiliated Sites"). Affiliated Sites are also not governed by Credit Union's privacy or other policies; and you are advised to review the privacy statement applicable to each Affiliated Site you visit.
Products / Services Offered By Third Parties / Affiliates: Any financial, investment, warranty, credit insurance or other products or services (“products”) which are provided by third parties or any affiliates are not products of the Credit Union. If the purchase of same is facilitated by or through Credit Union financing such is merely a convenience to the borrower(s) and is in no way creates any contractual or other relationship between the borrower(s) and the Credit Union with regard to any such products. Any rights, obligations or claims with regard to such products shall be solely and exclusively by and between the party providing such products as may be set forth in any applicable contracts, agreements or otherwise, and the Credit Union shall have no obligations, responsibilities, duties, or liabilities whatsoever regarding same.
Let us know if you have questions. Please do not hesitate to call us – we are here to serve you!